We are proud to offer some of the most liberal registration policies around. Our primary goal at the Big Sky Biggie is to encourage riders (of all levels) to get out on the trail and have a successful day. Our secondary goal is to raise funds that will go back to our local trails – after covering our expenses, of course. In short – we exist to create value, not make money. Therefore, we have tried to keep our policies inline with our goals.
2022 Refund Policy
- We will offer full refunds until March 31, 2022 for a small $10 fee (to cover processing and refund fees from our vendor). This ONLY applies to new registrations (not deferred registrations)
- No refunds will be issued after March 31, 2022, but riders may defer their registration to the following year if they qualify (see Deferral Policy).
Defer a Registration
Please note that we have changed our deferral policy. Beginning in 2022, we will only allow a deferral of your registration to the following year for one of the following reasons. You may only defer your registration one time. Send a request with required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unable to attend due to COVID-19 (please provide a doctor’s note or positive test result)
- Debilitating injury or illness (please provide a doctor’s note)
- Unscheduled military service (please provide a copy of your orders)
- Death of immediate family member (understanding this is a sensitive situation, we will work with you; some sort of verification may be requested)
2022 Transfer Policy
You may sell or transfer your entry for a small $10 fee (to cover processing and refund fees from our vendor) + the difference in the race course fee if it is greater. Email email@example.com for instructions on how to do this.
Event Cancellation Policy
Risk is inherent in our sport. The act of registering for the Big Sky Biggie presents risks. It is critical that we make sure nature is cooperating in the effort to avoid unnecessary impacts on both the rider and the trails. If an act of God or another event beyond our control occurs, what can event participants expect?
- Our decisions will be based on participant safety and environmental impact. Often times these decisions are in the hands of the landowners or agencies our events are permitted through. This includes factors relating to COVID.
- If the event is canceled, participants will receive first right to sign-up for the following years’ event via early registration.
- Entry Fee: we cannot accept the risk of a canceled event for reasons beyond our control. Participants are respectfully requested to accept the financial risk of their individual entry.
Big Sky Biggie does not save any money if you do not participate. We need to pay for all supplies and services associated with the event, regardless of the outcome. These include (but are not limited to) permits, third party vendors, hydration and food, administrative expenses, timing expenses, merchandise, prizes and awards.
If you feel further conversation is necessary, we welcome your phone call at 907-223-0858.
START YOUR PEDAL ENGINES IN