RACE REGISTRATIONDeadlines / Categories / Policies
50 Mile Course
Saturday, August 25, 2018
$150 (through March 31, 2018 at 11:59pm)
$200 (begins April 1, 2018)
There is a cap of 300 for both the 50 Mile and 30 Mile races combined. We will open registration with 150 spots available for the 50 Mile race and 150 spots available for the 30 Mile race. On April 1, if one of the distances is sold-out, but the other is not, we will move spots over to the waiting list for the race that is sold-out, and continue to do so until the entire event is sold-out.
Short Track Event
Sunday, August 26, 2018
$30 (through March 31, 2018 at 11:59pm)
$45 (begins April 1, 2018)
There is a cap of 300 riders, for all wave categories combined.
50/30 Mile Registration Categories
We like to keep things simple. When you register, there are just two main categories:
Adult or Singlespeed
50/30 Mile Award Categories
- Overall Awards: Top 5 Men, Top 5 Women
- Singlespeed: Top 3
- Juniors: Top 3
- Age Categories:
40-49: Top 3
50 plus: Top 3
Short-Track Registration Categories
When you register, you’ll need to make sure you register for your specific wave. See below!
Wave 1: Juniors & Fun Class
Wave 2: Men’s Masters 40+,50+,60+,
Wave 3: Women’s 1/2/3, 4, Women’s Masters 40+, Women’s Singlespeed
Wave 4: Men’s 4, Men’s Singlespeed
Wave 5: Men’s 1/2, 3
50/30 Mile Cash Prize Awards, courtesy of First Security Bank
- Top 3 Men, Top 3 Women – 50 Mile Course
- Top 3 Men, Top 3 Women – 30 Mile Course
There are some incredibly bad refund and transfer policies out there, even for races with wait-lists. Our primary goal at the Big Sky Biggie is to encourage riders (of all levels) to get out on the trail and have a successful day. Our secondary goal is to raise funds that will go back to our local trails – after covering our expenses, of course. In short – we exist to create value, not make money. Therefore, we have tried to keep our policies inline with our goals.
2018 Refund Policy
- We will offer full refunds until April 15, 2018 for a small $10 fee (to cover processing and refund fees from our vendor).
- From April 16 to June 1, 2018 riders will receive 50% of their entry fee back or a deferral valid for the following year.
- No refunds will be issued after June 1, 2018, but riders may still defer their registration to the following year.
2018 Transfer Policy
- So, you can’t race, but you managed to talk someone else into doing it? Well done, my friend. At ANY point, if a rider finds themselves unable to participate, they may sell or transfer their entry for a small $10 fee (to cover processing and refund fees from our vendor) + the difference in the race course fee if it is greater.
Event Cancellation Policy
Risk is inherent in our sport. The act of registering for the Big Sky Biggie presents risks.
It is critical that we make sure nature is cooperating in the effort to avoid unnecessary impacts on both the rider and the trails.
If an act of God or another event beyond our control occurs, what can event participants expect?
- Our decisions will be based on participant safety and environmental impact. Often times these decisions are in the hands of the landowners or agencies our events are permitted through.
- If the event is canceled, participants will receive first right to sign-up for the following years’ event via early registration.
- Entry Fee: we cannot accept the risk of a canceled event for reasons beyond our control. Participants are respectfully requested to accept the financial risk of their individual entry.
Big Sky Biggie does not save any money if you do not participate. We need to pay for all supplies and services associated with the event, regardless of the outcome. These include (but are not limited to) permits, third party vendors, hydration and food, administrative expenses, timing expenses, merchandise, prizes and awards.
If you feel further conversation is necessary, we welcome your phone call at 907-223-0858.