RACE REGISTRATIONDeadlines / Policies
As of May 21, 2021: We’ve reached our participant cap for the 2021 event, and will now be utilizing a waitlist (first-come, first-serve) for registration. We always have racers who defer to the following year, or request a refund, so we do expect some spots to come available. You can get on the waitlist by using the registration buttons below.
Registration for both distances, includes:
- Big Sky Biggie Buff (perfect for dusty fall riding)
- Finisher’s Pint Glass
- MAP Brewing beer at the finish line
- Post-Race meal provided by ROXY’S
- Post-Race party and prizes
- And one heck of a good time
We are proud to offer some of the most liberal registration policies around. Our primary goal at the Big Sky Biggie is to encourage riders (of all levels) to get out on the trail and have a successful day. Our secondary goal is to raise funds that will go back to our local trails – after covering our expenses, of course. In short – we exist to create value, not make money. Therefore, we have tried to keep our policies inline with our goals.
2021 Refund Policy
- We will offer full refunds until March 31, 2021 for a small $10 fee (to cover processing and refund fees from our vendor). This ONLY applies to new registrations (not deferred registrations)
- From April 1, 2021 to June 1, 2021 riders will receive 50% of their entry fee back or a deferral valid for the following year.
- No refunds will be issued after June 1, 2021, but riders may defer their registration to the following year.
Defer a Registration
Registered participants may defer their registration to next year’s event. For race administrative and logistical purposes, we need to cut-off deferred registrations by end of day on August 24, 2021.
The defer option can be found by logging on to BikeSignUp, navigating to Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Defer Registration.
2021 Transfer Policy
So, you can’t race, but you managed to talk someone else into doing it? Well done, my friend. At ANY point, if a rider finds themselves unable to participate, they may sell or transfer their entry for a small $10 fee (to cover processing and refund fees from our vendor) + the difference in the race course fee if it is greater.
Event Cancellation Policy
Risk is inherent in our sport. The act of registering for the Big Sky Biggie presents risks. It is critical that we make sure nature is cooperating in the effort to avoid unnecessary impacts on both the rider and the trails. If an act of God or another event beyond our control occurs, what can event participants expect?
- Our decisions will be based on participant safety and environmental impact. Often times these decisions are in the hands of the landowners or agencies our events are permitted through.
- If the event is canceled, participants will receive first right to sign-up for the following years’ event via early registration.
- Entry Fee: we cannot accept the risk of a canceled event for reasons beyond our control. Participants are respectfully requested to accept the financial risk of their individual entry.
Big Sky Biggie does not save any money if you do not participate. We need to pay for all supplies and services associated with the event, regardless of the outcome. These include (but are not limited to) permits, third party vendors, hydration and food, administrative expenses, timing expenses, merchandise, prizes and awards.
If you feel further conversation is necessary, we welcome your phone call at 907-223-0858.
START YOUR PEDAL ENGINES IN